Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I like strange things

I've realized over the last little while that none of us are normal, not even me. I do declare that I like strange things. The follow list is an example (feel free to add those weird things you like):

1. I LOVE doing dishes. Something about hot soapy water just makes me so happy.
This morning I got in trouble for doing my room mates' dishes. She'd told me not to, but we had cleaning checks, I'm addicted and what a great way to serve her because I love her!
2. Analyzing music theory.
I haven't been required to do this for five years and yet I still find it fun. OR I like to try and pick out classical musical elements in today's music. :) 
3. Running (I'm really not very good at it, but I love it when my body aches)
My favorite time to run is in the winter after a new snow. Being able to be the first one to crunch through new fallen snow is just amazing and exhilarating! 
4. I love learning about abuse.
Yes, this one is strange, but I've decided to just embrace it and help others. I've probably read 5 or 6 books on the topic and have a list I've compiled from my supervisor and professor. 


The point of this is find those odd things you love to do and just do it! I probably won't ever be a world-renowned dish-doer, but happiness is more important than fame.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think you got the dishes thing from Bubbi. She loved putting her hands in the hottest water possible. Come to think of it so do I! Sometimes I just stand there with my hands in the water tingling!