Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I needed this yesterday

Yesterday was wonderfully humbling. I woke up tired, missing my family and my friends Ryan, Becca, Davina, Beatriz and Camille and feeling a little defeated as I realized everything that needed to be done before the day was over. Don't get me wrong. I would rather be struggling with graduate school than struggling to work a full-time job that didn't pay well or, right now at-least, be a mom. There is a time to everything, and this is my time to enjoy, not just endure graduate school. Anyways, of course we had to sing, "Master the tempest is raging" in my institute class and of course I had to start crying. "Awaken and save I pray" the song said. That's exactly how I felt? Where was my redeemer? Hadn't he promised to save me? I was mistaken. He had already reached out, I just had to stretch forth my hand as well. Like Peter, I had walked on the water. I just had to keep my faith.

Back to the story. Of course my teacher had to come looking for me, and of course a girl came and located me in the bathroom. Guess what? She was in my LDS Stake. Like my mom said, "It seems like everyone is in your stake. Probably a reason for that".

So, this morning when I woke up, as I was running to the temple, I remembered a poem that I wrote a few years ago and I realized I wrote it for now. Now, when I was tired. Now, when I was missing my family and friends. Now, when I was feeling defeated. I needed a gift that God gave me. He is so wise and loving, and for that I am grateful. I love my Heavenly Father.


Stand

Sometimes He lets your heart break
Sometimes He lets you cry
Sometimes you feel as if,
the world's going to pass you by.

Sometimes the grief comes down
in sheets of torrent rain
and you wish for comfort, peace and still
that would take away your pain

Reach upward
Reach outward
Reach for His hand
Reach for His mercy,

Get up and stand.

Stand for something
Stand for what's right
Stand with power,
Stand with might.

Stand with the wisdom,
Stand with your will
Stand with your virtue,
but never stand still.



Time to get moving. There are people to be served and things to be done. 




1 comment:

Wendy McNiven said...

Hi Daily, thanks for the inspirational thoughts! Good luck with grad school!