Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Gratitude is working on me...

A woman in my LDS ward said something that is beginning to work on me, and changing how I look at my goals for the new year. "When I am grateful, I don't want more." This worked really well the other day when I went shopping with my mom. Shopping with her at Plato's closet is one of my favorite things about Christmas break. Quality time is definitely my love language, so I was excited to spend some time with her. However, when we got in the store my goal of finding a skirt was evidently going to be hard. Everything was way too short, way too tight. But I employed gratitude that I
A. Already had lots if clothes, B. Was out with my mom, and C. Had found some cute tops to keep me warm in Logan, Ut. So now when I get frustrated by clothes or when I really want to sleep instead of reading my scriptures, my gratitude can help me realize all that I have including clothing and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Recently, I started reading "Women and the Priesthood" by Sheri Dew and I realized that it is all about gratitude. I am grateful that I get to participate in Priesthood ordinances in many ways and that I get to employ my nurturing qualities by serving those around me. How can gratitude change your view?

1 comment:

Wendy McNiven said...

Very inspiring, Daily! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's!