Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

A lot can happen in a year.

It's true. A lot of good can happen in a year! At this time last year I had a broken heart, my applications for graduate school were in and I was anxious to fly home to Georgia for Thanksgiving. This year my heart is mended, I'm finishing my first semester of graduate school (with flying colors), and excited for spend time with my extended family for Thanksgiving. It's been a bit of a bumpy ride, but think about what bumps do. When I was in high school, Doyle would drive me and Ben home in his jeep. He would hit the speed bumps and we would fly. Yes, speed bumps are there to get us to slow down, but they can also take us really high. That's what they can do for us. Speed bumps can help us slow down, get perspective and take us higher.
I'm pretty sure my speed bump days aren't over, and I don't think they ever will be. This is how we grow and progress. So, if your dealing with a broken heart, let it mend. If you're waiting for word back about graduate school, wait actively. If you're anxious to leave, take a minute to enjoy where you are. Let speed bumps take you higher to our Heavenly Father. 

No comments: