Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The sacred matters

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my major? How much I love BYU? How much I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Well, I do. A lot. I love all of these things because they help me find truth. I like truth. It gives me peace that other things simply can't.
One of my classes, advanced family processes, uses the book "Sacred Matters" written by a lot of Latter-day Saint scholars. It's about how sacredness matters in family life, and how true they are. I think of my own family and the car ride talks about Jesus Christ and how to live the restored truths. I think about the media choices that help us realize that our bodies are sacred and that we are children of God. The sacred matters because it gives us purpose in life, purpose in family and purpose in future. The sacred allows us to see beyond ourselves and instead see how we can contribute to the greater work that God has given us. Pray with your family tonight and you will be united. Invite everyday sharing of your belief in God and your children will be strengthened. As one man put it, "I love the Gospel because it helps me love my family and I love my family because they help me love the Gospel". Read The family: A Proclamation to the World and you will understand how much the family means to be me because I know it is a gift for my Father in Heaven.

No comments: