Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It needs a title

Titles and conclusions. That's always the hardest part! So I need your help. I had to write a poem for my marriage prep class. Brace yourself. It's really sappy. The instructions were to write "to our future sweetheart". That already indicates sappiness. But, it needs a title. Suggestions?


In temple walls lies our eternity,
Because of a promise of utmost purity;
An understanding of God’s pure love
And quiet promptings from Him above
To stay on the path that we began
And reach the temple and enter therein.

This day I vow to you, my dear,
That I will stay throughout the years
That God, a pillar He may be
As we strive to raise our family.
I pray each time we enter again,
We will renew our love and seek His hand.

I promise to love you more each day
And show that love in Holy ways;
That you may know it is you I treasure,
And that we use God as a purer measure.
For the crowning of this life will be
When I am yours for eternity.

3 comments:

Ariel said...

For some reason, I like "Eternity". Maybe a little cliche, but that's what came to mind.

Derigible said...

How about "Eternal Devotion." It will capture the essence of your devotion to both God and your Husband.

Unknown said...

How about "Eternal Treasure"?