Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Today is one of those days

We've all had those days. For some people they come more frequently than others. The days where you try so hard to be positive and every little thing seems to eat away at you. The paper that is due on Friday. You finished it, and yet are still worried about it. The class where you watched really depressing videos for an hour and sat in shock as you watched someone's life taken from them and then weren't able to have class therapy time to talk though it. The people that you really want to be excited for, but you're sitting there trying to get over your own sadness. The homework you should be doing, but would rather type about how much you want to be back in Georgia, not in Provo. Right now, I think I would take Alaska over Provo.
As you may have gathered the person I am talking about is not some random stranger. It's me. Today is just one of those days. It's warm outside and yet here I sit in my apartment typing away, not turning on lights because the gray light matches my mood.

But, luckily I have something that too many people are missing in their lives: Words of a prophet. Consider the blessings. 
So, what do I have to be grateful for?
My sister is going to have a baby :) (This one makes me especially happy, I love being an Aunt)
 My brother in-law got a job that he will hopefully enjoy
I got to see my niece and nephew while I was home
I talked to a lady on the plane about the Book of Mormon
I bought cookies at the store
I have food on my shelf
One of my best friends owed me ice-cream
My dad is working really hard on the barn and put a rope swing in
I have a family that loves me
My home teachers are amazing
My mom gave me a lunchable (I love that this occurs when I'm 22)
I have a life time full of adventures ahead of me
My friend found 99 cent truffles at the store (I like how this is centering on food)
I have two weeks left of school
I have a wonderful set of teachers
 I love our before class get togethers for 335
I have a quote wall I get to look at each night before I go to bed
I have a wonderful room mate who keeps me up way too late
I have a friend who will go country dancing with me
The SEC and national championships are almost here
I have clean clothes
I have quarters
Past Daily left future Daily dinner in the freezer

This list could go on for quite a while. Needless to say, today is one of those days that I am very blessed.
P.S. Here's the link to that talk: Consider the blessings

No comments: