Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My parents were here!!!!

On the Wednesday before this last one, I went to go watch American Idol at Doyle and Chelsea's apartment. When I showed up, I got a call from my parents asking if they could come watch American Idol with us. I laughed and said, "Sure, jump on a plane." That's when they walked out of the back bedroom. I won't lie, I cried a little. And so the fun began. They came to my bowling class, where I dropped the ball for the first time. We played lots of games included farkel. It comes highly reccommended. 

We spent saturday going to Antelope island and visiting Chris and LaMar. Dad made his french toast that morning. They came to church with me on Sunday and were very good about not embarrassing me. Monday we went and visited the graves of some of my ancestors. We met up with my great-uncles and aunts there. They are a lot of fun to be around. After that, we went and saw the vernal temple and then we went hiking in rock canyon, which was a lot of fun when we hit a very steep hill which we then had to, very slowly, walk down. 

It was great having my parents here and definitely made the next three weeks doable! Thanks so much mom and dad for a great surprise and great weekend!






Lena breaking into the Vernal temple. Isn't it beautiful? I think I have a new favorite!


We had the gang over for watermelon. When I went to take this picture they promptly spat all their seeds at me.

Lena and Dad playing with the tank at smith and edwards. We got there at 5:55 and they closed at six. Who'da thought?
Me and mom

Antelope Island! We didn't see a ton of wildlife, but saw some buffalo off in the distance. It was way pretty though!




No comments: