Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

It's the little things

Stuart has got this husband thing down. 

Last night we were at "Science unwrapped" and I saw a haircut that I really liked. I leaned over and told Stuart, "When I cut my hair (one day in the far future) I would love to pull something like that off, but I don't think it would look very good." He reaches over and pulls my hair away from my face, studies me, and says, "I think it would look great". 

It's those little things that I am so grateful for. Living in Utah, while my whole family is in Georgia, is hard. But I know Stuart loves me when he begins to list possible graduate schools and most of them are in the South. 

I know he loves me when he, knowing how much I enjoyed the licorice he bought at Winco over Spring Break, pokes his head around the corner and sticks the last one in my mouth while I'm finishing my hair. 

I know he loves me when, while we're on a run, he switches sides so he'll be closer to the road. 

And even the song from Frozen can remind us that "Love is an open door". I know, I know. Ana meant that love means freedom, but also think that love is an open door. It makes me feel so special when Stuart opens my car door. 

Elder Jeffery R. Holland reminded us, all of us, when he spoke in a BYU devotional, that love is about doing. 

"I have taken for a title to my remarks Mrs. Browning’s wonderful line “How do I love thee?” I am not going to “count the ways” this morning, but I am impressed with her choice of adverb—not when do I love thee nor where do I love thee nor why do I love thee norwhy don’t you love me, but, rather, how. How do I demonstrate it, how do I reveal my true love for you? Mrs. Browning was correct. Real love is best shown in the “how,” and it is with the how that Mormon and Paul help us the most."

Just another reminder of how blessed we are when we have love in our life, and because of Him, we have eternal love. How have you seen love, from anyone, in your life today? 

No comments: