Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Be Thankful

Thanksgiving is coming up and in the rush of school and everything, I have forgotten that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I am so thankful that I get to spend this thanksgiving with Lena and Scott and Scottie and my Aunt, Uncle and cousins. I am so lucky to be able to have family close.

Today I am thankful for little reminders to be positive. While I was thinking about what to do this weekend, wondering if anything could be done, I was checking blogs. My friend Tara wrote on her blog about a little boy named Rex. He was diagnosed with DIPG, a brain tumor. He lived long enough to see his baby sister. He looks like one of the happiest little boys I have ever seen, as do his parents. So, because of him I can be positive about the fact that I am getting a college education, that I can talk to my family every day, that I have a testimony that families continue and that friends are a special part of life.

Even though I do not know him, I love Rex for what he has taught me in just a few minutes. Other things I am thankful for:

- Ice cream (I think I have become addicted to Dreyer's, which is bad because it is expensive)
- Running when it is cold outside and I can hear the leaves crunch under my feet
- Teachers who care about the fact that you were throwing up and couldn't take the test
- Little babies
- A cute little apartment
- My room mates (now and past)
- Family!
- Flannel sheets I can snuggle under on Saturdays.
- Grand pianos
- The great composers who I believed were inspired
- University of Georgia Football
- Diet coke (with caffeine please)
- Coupons (and this realization that Carl's Jr. tastes way better than Hardees and I should eat a sandwich instead of just fries when I have a chance).

So many other things, but I'll resume the list later. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy School-is-almost-done!

1 comment:

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

Carl's Jr is soooo good! I haven't been to Hardees but Doyle says it's gross. He's tried both and says they are as different as night and day. He loves Carls way better too!